HOW TO CLEAN AND CARE
1. As with all wood products, avoid excessive moisture. ALICE cabinetry is designed for use inside the home or other buildings and is not intended for outdoor applications. Once your cabinets have been installed, wipe down all exteriors with a damp cloth to remove dust. Complete a small area at a time and wipe dry. Wood cabinetry finishes may be cleaned and protected by using any commercially available cleaning polish. We recommends an emulsion-type cleaner. These are formulated without wax, petroleum solvents or silicone. The extended use of wax polishes can result in a wax film buildup, while the use of silicone polishes can harm the cabinet’s finish.
2. It is important to wipe up spills and water marks as they occur. Give special attention to areas around the sink and dishwasher. Avoid draping damp or wet dish towels over the door of the sink base cabinet. Over time, this moisture can cause permanent water damage to the door.
3. Periodically, use mild soap and warm water to clean door/drawer knobs or pulls. Thoroughly dry all hardware joints and surfaces and the surrounding area with a clean, soft cloth. Buff hardware with a clean, dry cloth. Lubrication of hinges is not necessary; however, hinges can be cleaned or dusted using cotton-tipped swabs.
4. Self-cleaning appliances generate intense heat during a cleaning cycle. Since the integrity of the appliance seal or gasket may be compromised during installation or with age, ALICE recommends the removal of doors and/or drawers from cabinets adjacent to or directly above an appliance during a cleaning cycle. This will help prevent possible damage to the finish or surface of these cabinets.
5. Extra care is required when cleaning glass doors. Spray an ammonia-free glass cleaner on a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper towel. Do not spray cleaner directly on the glass. It could seep behind the window dividers and cause damage.